Eczema Association of Australasia (EAA) is a national non-profit organisation. EAA is the only organisation of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, founded in January 1994 and has been supporting and educating Eczema sufferers and carers, along with the wider community, in all aspects of Eczema and its impact.
- to greatly increase public awareness of Eczema
- to ensure the improved treatment of sufferers and carers in public situations
- to improve and broaden the availability of medical treatments and supplies for Eczema sufferers
- to maintain links with Medical Professionals to ensure continuance of up-to-date information
- to conduct Specialised Research into the causes and effects of Eczema
For support and further Eczema information please call EAA on 1300 300 182 or visit www.eczema.org.au
Fern Fabric® is a proud Gold Member supporter of EAA.
What is Eczema?
Atopic Dermatitis (also known as AD) is the most common type of eczema, which often appears as a red, itchy rash normally on the cheeks, arms and legs. Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) exists with two other allergic conditions: asthma and hay fever (Allergic Rhinitis). Atopic dermatitis typically begins in childhood, usually in the first six months of a baby’s life. Even though it’s the most common form of Eczema, it is also the most severe and long lasting. When you or your child have Atopic Dermatitis, it may improve at times, but at others it may get worse or flare up.
Source: The Australian College of Dermatologist. (2017, June 22)