FLORENCE – Jacquard Coverlet Set
- Anti-bacterial and hypo-allergenic – protection against mould, stains, bad odours and reduce bacteria 99.99%
- OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 Certified free of harmful chemicals
- 850 GSM – for those who really need warmth & 650 GSM – for all season
- Eco friendly & durable stays fresh for longer periods and less frequent washing
- Stonewashed to enhance the fabric’s softness and slubby texture
- Tailored by world-class textile artisans
- Easy care & machine washable
- Limited edition collection
The Florence coverlet set includes:
- Anti-microbial coverlet (light coffee Jacquard fabric, dark chocolate flowers with cream thread and premium light coffee micro-fleece underside)
Fern Fabric® Anti-Microbial Luxury Jacquard Coverlet Sets are designed and crafted to be a timeless masterpiece. Meticulous craftsmanship and time-honoured designs are inspired by our tradition and heritage. Our coverlets are made with plush Jacquard fabric that appears to be padded but has no padding within the fabric. Experience the warmth and elegance of this coverlet at your home.
Florence coverlet inspired by floral patterns passed down by traders who travelled the botanical gardens, artisans creation capture the symmetry and visual rhythm of our rich, textured design in a Jacquard knit. Knitted for us by a premier French atelier, the jacquard fabric has a soft hand and vintage look, and it only gets softer with time. The knitted Jacquard is washed to enhance its natural softness and finished with clean-lined tailoring for a modern sensibility.
The anti-microbial fibres are integrated into the fabric to inhibit the growth of microorganisms, which provides protection from odour-causing bacteria, mould, mildew, and fungus for the life of the product.
We have sourced the best quality fabrics and the finest craftsmanship in the world. With Fern Fabric® Luxury Jacquard lines, the differences are in the details.
Note: Colours as shown online or in the print catalogue may slightly vary from the actual colours of the fabrics as the process of photography and printing may involves some transitions and changes. The coverlet and fitted sheet combination sets are not changeable however additional colours of anti-microbial fitted sheets are available in stores and online to purchase.
What is Jacquard Fabric?
The jacquard textile is a kind of complicated textile that applies double or more layers of tissues to weave. The patterns are beautiful and the colours are structured stereoscopic. The raised patterns on jacquard textiles are neither printed nor embroidered; they are woven or knitted by yarn. Structural changes of yarns make different patterns and traceries during weaving or knitting. The jacquard textiles have a high fibre density, thin and soft, haves strict requirements for cotton, and need finer yarns. This textured textile has varying drape-ability and durability depending on the fibres used.
Jacquard Fabric Features
- Comfortable and Durable: The textile has wonderful texture and resistance. The patterns are stereovision and more suitable for home use for its comfortability and durability and not easy to fade.
- Moisture absorption: The jacquard textile has excellent moisture absorption. In general, the cotton can absorb the moisture from the atmosphere, and the moisture content is about 8 to 10%, so it is soft. If the humidity of jacquard textile is increasing, and the temperature is high, the water in fibre will be evaporated, so that can keep water balance for textiles, thus makes people feel comfortable.
- Moisturising ability: With low thermal conductivity, the jacquard textile is almost an insulator for heat and electricity, The textile is porous and flexible, and can accumulate a lot of air, therefore the jacquard textiles has excellent moisturising ability, and comfortable to sleep.
- Heat resistance: The jacquard textile has wonderful heat resistance; even in 110 ℃ the textiles still can keep the integrity. No matter in normal temperature or washing and dying, there is no impact on textiles, therefore improve the wearability of jacquard textiles.
- Alkali resistance: Even in the alkali solution, the fibres are not destroyed, the performance makes the jacquard textiles simpler to wash, disinfect, and dye, which contribute to manufacture more newly-style clothes.
- Hygienic: The major ingredient of jacquard textiles is the cellulose, which is a natural fibre. It has been tested that is no negative effects when the jacquard textiles contact with our skin for a long time.
In general, jacquard textiles are soft and suitable for skin use. The colours of jacquard textiles are bright. The jacquard fabric with high quality has excellent permeability and the colours are not easy to fade. Due to these features, the jacquard textiles are very popular.
What is Antimicrobial
The term ‘antimicrobial” is defined as “destroying or inhibiting the growth of microorganisms, and especially pathogenic microorganisms.” Microorganisms “include bacteria, viruses, protozoans, and fungi, like mold and mildew.” The fibres in the fabric have been infused with microbial-inhibiting silver chloride to eliminate 99.99% bacteria on contact, which will be activated by the body heat to release millions of silver ions to inhibit the bacteria, mould and odours
Benefits of Antimicrobial Fabric
When it comes to specialty fabrics and the use of antimicrobial features, it’s important to understand that including a pathogen fighting layer of defence prolongs the life of the textile and protects the end user. The primary function of antimicrobials is to help prevent bacteria and other microorganisms from infecting human beings. Keep in mind, microorganisms can live in a fabric and grow. That’s why antimicrobials are so effective -- they prevent the growth and spread of microorganisms within the fabric. Basically, an antimicrobial is applied to a fabric to help fight off pathogens that could potentially infect the user. This means that the antimicrobial is constantly working against microorganisms and not only protecting users, but also prolonging the life of the fabric. That’s why the use of antimicrobial fabrics are increasing and so helpful in the places like hospitals. Remember, the first line of defence starts with a product that does its job. For Fern Fabric®, investing in antimicrobial textiles is one way to ensure the longevity of the fabric and also help keep replacement costs down.
Care Instructions for the Coverlets :
- Gentle machine cold wash with similar colours
- Do not use bleach
- Dry Cleanable
- Tumble dried or line dried
- No excessive exposure to heat or sun